Monday, June 27, 2011

Outie to Innie

summer011 054A

One day Randy was lifting weights and his belly button popped-out. He didn’t know it was an hernia until he was talking with his principal at school. He has had the umbilical hernia for the past six years and decided to have the surgery done a week before our trip to Chile! He can’t lift more than 15lbs for two weeks. He is really taking it easy so he can recover for all the activities we have planned with my family once we get there. This was a super easy and quick procedure. They told him that he should be waking up at the end of surgery but because of the local anesthesia he would feel no pain. When they took me back to the recovery room to see him the nurse said that he should be waking up any minute and ready to go home in 20 minutes. Little did they know!! I went to check on him and Randy was out. Five minutes later, no sign of wanting to wake up. At 10 minutes I started to call his name and he kind of rolled his eyes at me. At 15 minutes I was really trying to wake him up, since they were expecting to kick him out in ten more minutes. He finally opened his eyes and started asking the same questions over and over again. Did you see my incision? How long was I there? How long have I been here? Am I dressed? Then he would fall into a deep sleep again. I woke him up again and told him, –you need to try to stay awake. He would say, I don’t want to fight it , I just want to sleep and again the questions. Did you see my incision? How long was I there? How long have I been here? Am I dressed? But this time he added:- I saw Eli with the dragon in surgery! You probably don’t know what he’s talking about but recently we started watching a series on Netflix called Eli Stone. He’s a lawyer that was diagnosed with an aneurism and has visions because of that. One of his visions was a dragon that helped him solve a case of a patient suing an anesthesiologist. That’s why Randy was visited by Eli with the Dragon!! It is a really good series if you have Netflix and want to watch it. After 40 minutes of the same the nurse came in and with a severe tone woke him up and told him, this is the wake up room, you need to wake up. This should only take 20 minutes!! He didn’t care and fell asleep again. Then he woke up and looked at me weird and said –you look really pretty today. After an hour and 15 minutes and some throw up later the nurse was happy to finally kick Randy out. Now for some serious laughs check out the video below.



2 comments:

Kasey said...

Oh my! That is a funny story. I'm glad he awake now. At least you got some entertainment out of it!! :)

Sarah Skinner said...

We laughed HYSTERICALLY!!! Thanks for sharing...hope Randy is feeling better soon!

Mike and Sarah