Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Can’t Do It Cold Turkey.

Quiero más Navidad, las personas parecen ser más amables y menos egocéntricas (incluyéndome a mi) en esta época del año. Las casas huelen a jengibre, azúcar y chocolate. Me encantan los pesebres y arboles iluminados que las personas tienen en sus jardines. Quiero más Navidad!! En un esfuerzo por absorber un poco mas de espíritu navideño con Randy fuimos a Los Jardines Meijer, donde tenían una expo de árboles de navidad decorados con las tradiciones de diferentes países. También tenían rieles de trenes y trolley alrededor de un cuarto, el trencito daba vueltas por toda esa sección. Muy entretenido! Nunca habíamos ido a mirar este lugar, me encanto! Especialmente el invernadero y las esculturas en los jardines y terrazas.
I want more Christmas, during this season people are nicer and less self-centered (including me). Houses smell like ginger, sugar and chocolate. I love the nativity scenes and trees light up in peoples front yards. I want more of that. In an attempt of infusing myself with some more Christmas spirit we went to the Meijer Garden Winter Exhibit. I loved it! So neat, they had 40 some Christmas tree decorated on different countries traditions. They also had an awesome train and trolley rails around one of the rooms. I have never been there before, I really liked the greenhouse and outdoor sculptures.
Chritsmas Tree Display Expo de Arbolitos de Navidad
Nuevas2
Nuevas1
Nuevas
Green House Invernadero
Nuevas3
Nuevas4
Nuevas5
Being absolutely ridiculous Nos dicen los ridiculos
Nuevas6
Nuevas7

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Great pics!! I love the horse pictures. I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Beautiful. I love seeing different traditions! I think the thing I missed the most about this year is some of the traditions of my family...We had a great Christmas, however. These pictures are very nice. I am excited each time I see a post on here of yours. Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs
Cherie and Jeff