Monday, September 27, 2010

Double Surprise!

I was so excited to be able to go back home. Especially when my arrival was a complete surprise. All I could think while waiting in the airport and during my flight was how I was going to make my entrance and how much I wanted to hug my family. Mom and Dad picked me up at the Santiago airport early Sunday morning. My mom’s birthday was Sept 8th, a day before my sister's wedding. My sisters decided to have a surprise birthday party for her the Sunday of my arrival, since everybody will be in wedding mode the day of her actual birthday. My dad mentioned to me that we needed to kill some time before going home since my sisters needed time to get home from church and set up for the surprise party. So I asked them to show me their apartment in Santiago and we took a walk around their neighborhood trying to calculate when it was a good time to go to my parents house. You see, my dad works in Santiago but they live in Viña del Mar. He rents an apartment in Santiago which is two hours from where they live. My Mom spends a couple of day in Santiago to keep him company and some other days and weekends at their house in Viña.

Because I knew about the birthday celebration and didn’t want to spoil the surprise I told my parents to go inside the house by themselves and that I was going to wait in the car a few minutes. I could hear from the car everybody yelling Surprise as my mom was opening the door! I couldn’t wait any longer and after 30 seconds I opened the door and said “ Am I invited to this party?” It was awesome! Everybody was still behind the couch in their “surprise spots”. I got the drop on everybody and surprised them!!


Liza Chile 2010 002

Liza Chile 2010 007

Liza Chile 2010 060

Liza Chile 2010 065

Liza Chile 2010 056

Liza Chile 2010 074

Liza Chile 2010 075

Liza Chile 2010 059

Liza Chile 2010 014

Liza Chile 2010 012

Liza Chile 2010 015

Liza Chile 2010 084

Liza Chile 2010 081



I totally won my nephews and niece over with the cool farm toy house that I bought at Ikea, they loved it. I also had some other presents that put me in the running for best aunt of the year award.

Liza Chile 2010 033

Liza Chile 2010 036


That day, my oldest sister Olivia and her kids where super sick. She could barely breath and was feeling miserable. The days that followed my arrival were filled with doctor visits. My dad put the Ambulance Driver hat on and took care of everybody. Monday dad took Olivia to the doctor, while Mom and I babysat the kids. When Dad came home we went to visit his mom a.k.a Abuelita Lela. We took Vicente with us, since Vivi is in bed rest and was feeling super tired.

61157_430809297820_655027820_5565793_5257800_n

61866_430809252820_655027820_5565791_3802135_n

61157_430809282820_655027820_5565792_4075701_n

That night Gaby notice that Vicente was walking funny. Tuesday he wasn’t using his right foot and was complaining about pain. Dad and my sister Vivi tookhim to the Doc. Tuesday night my mom and I were feeling under the weather but managed to go shopping with Gaby and have a good time at the mall. Wednesday she woke up feeling terrible and dad took her to the doctor because she thought that maybe she had Influenza B that everybody was getting when I got there. I was feeling awful too but thought that with Theraflu and Sudafed would get me through it, wrong!! Thursday, the wedding day came and I was still super sick, the sickest I have been in my entire life. So sad. I blame all my symptoms and aches on this little guy. I think this is the exact moment that I got infected. That happens when you kiss boys other than your husband.

Liza Chile 2010 037

2 comments:

Kasey said...

I love the double surprise. I"m so sorry all of you got sick. I guess to look at the positive, you had all the family together to take care of each other.

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy...sounds like fun and sickness were the highlights of your visit! I hope everyone is much better now. I am sooo glad you had the opportunity to go for your sister's wedding...I am sure it was so beautiful. The pics looked great. We miss you...we should be leaving Indiana at the end of next month...we hope to keep in touch.
Love ya lots.
Hugs to all
Cherie and Jeff.
PS. Thanks for the caring words about Marmalade. We miss him so much...we are hoping each day will get a little better...he will always be in our hearts. His sister, Penelope, is missing him as well.