Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Open Season

Randy “officially” opened triathlon season last Saturday. He ran the Double Time Triathlon in Three Rivers. I only say “officially” because I’ve been hearing about triathlons, bikes, workouts, sport clothing and gym memberships since the last triathlon he ran last year. Saturday, Kim and I were telling our hairstylist how obsessed passionate the guys are about their training. They call each other immediately after they are done working out to let the other one know their times. It’s a serious Bromance what this guys have going on. It’s hilarious. I’ve never seen guys talk to each other so many times a day. Guess how many times Randy calls me during the day? Zero! When Randy and I are talking about stuff, forget my opinion, let’s call Jon and Phil. They know better. I'm happy that Randy has these great guys as friends. They are a positive influence for him and we enjoy their friendship very much, but please no more triathlon talking!!!! I may add that I gave myself the “best wife award” for waking up at 5.30 in the morning to go see him compete. I had a great time though, I love the diversity of people that participate in triathlons. There was this amazing 66 year old grandpa that was kicking butt, he finished in 1 hour and 13 minutes. It was so inspiring to watch him. Here are some pics from Saturday.
La temporada de triatlones ha comenzado. Randy participo en su primera competencia del año. Aunque se siente como que ha estado compitiendo por meses, porque desde la ultima triatlon en la que participo el año pasado no ha parado de hablar de ejercicios, bicicletas, ropa deportiva y gimnasio. El Sábado fui con Kim a la peluquería y contábamos lo obsesionados apasionados que son estos chiquillos con su entrenamiento. Se llaman por teléfono inmediatamente después que terminan de entrenar para contar como les fue y en cuantos minutos corrieron, nadaron o anduvieron en bicicleta. Es un triángulo amoroso entre ellos tres. Es muy chistoso. Nunca había visto amigos hablar por teléfono tantas veces al día. Adivinen cuantas veces Randy me llama a mí por telefono? Cero! Cuando Randy y yo estamos hablando de algún tema, no importa mi opinión, llamemos a Jon y Phil, ello lo saben todo. Estoy feliz que Randy tienes estos amigos. Ellos son una influencia positiva y disfrutamos de nuestra amistad, pero por favor no más conversaciones de triatlones!! Debo agregar que me otorgue a mí misma el premio a la “mejor esposa” por levantarme a las 5.30 de la mañana para acompañarlo. Lo pase súper, me encanta la diversidad de gente que compite en este evento. Había un abuelito de 66 que era puro power, termino en 1hora y 13 minutos. Fue súper inspirador verlo competir.
Double Time Triathlon 001
Double Time Triathlon 002
Double Time Triathlon 004
Double Time Triathlon 008Double Time Triathlon 012
Double Time Triathlon 019
Double Time Triathlon 021

6 comments:

Mike Laughead said...

I meant to ask Randy how he did on Sunday, but I forgot to. Did he do as well as he wanted to?

Anonymous said...

So, I don't mean to sound ignorant...a triathlon is swimming, cycling, and running? WOW!!! Good luck! We will be thinking of you.
Hope all is well.
Love ya both
Cherie and Jeff

Rocio Lewis said...

thanks for your comment!! i hope you use you sewing machine and make a lot of cool stuff

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your photos of the event are wonderful. Congratulations to the triathlete. I hope you both have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Joi said...

Wow! Awesome for him. My bff is training for a triathlon right now!

Anonymous said...

Felicidades a Randy!! la verdad es que yo ando en las mismas pero con la onda de "tonificar" al raton ya lo tengo gooordooo ! jaaa es que tengo que tonificar! Felicidades otra vez amiga!! :)